- ACTIVATED CARBON BLOCK FILTER
FUNCTION OF ACTIVATED CARBON BLOCK FILTER:
CTO Carbon block filters are made from activated carbon and its specific function is the chemical adsorption of impurities and contaminants in drinking water. Carbon filters are widely used to remove chlorine, taste, odor and colour.
- 5um filtration
- Highly effective filtration of water for certain VOC’S, Chlorine, taste and odor.
- Low pressure Drop. High pressure performance.
- Extra dust holding capacity.
- Greater solids holding capacity.
- Longer service life.
- Various media are available.
- No leaching carbon ash.
Active removal of man made and natural contaminants such as Chlorine, Benzene, Simazine, Lindane and many more.
WHAT IS ACTIVATED CARBON (CHARCOAL) AND WHY IS IT SPECIFICALLY USED IN FILTERS?
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHARCOAL AND ACTIVATED CHARCOAL?
- Activated charcoal has been treated with oxygen to open up millions of small pores between the carbon atoms. Special manufacturing techniques have been used and this results in highly porous charcoals that have surface areas of approximately 300-1900 square meters per gram. These active charcoals are used to adsorb odorous or coloured substances from a wide variety of liquids and gases alike. The importance here is absorption.
When a material adsorbs something, it attaches to it by a specific chemical attraction. The immense surface area of activated charcoal gives it countless bonding opportunities. When certain chemicals pass close to the carbons surface, they get attached to it and are not allowed to pass any further.
Activated charcoal is good at capturing certain carbon-based impurities and is also actively used to capture chemicals like chlorine.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.