- DMI–65 is a revolutionary Advanced Oxidation Catalytic Filtration Media designed for the removal of iron and manganese. DMI–65 Infusion Technology increases the micro-porous catalytic surface area, efficiently removing more dissolved iron and manganese to as low 0.001 ppm.
- It is an extremely powerful catalytic water filtration media that is designed for the removal of iron and manganese in aqueous solutions (water) without the need for potassium permanganate or chemical regeneration. The unique microporous structure of DMI-65 efficiently removes dissolved iron to the almost undetectable levels as low as 0.001 ppm and manganese to 0.001 ppm. DMI-65 acts as an oxidation catalyst with immediate oxidation and filtration of the insoluble precipitates derived from this oxidation reaction. DMI-65 can also remove Arsenic, Aluminium and other heavy metals and Hydrogen Sulphide under certain conditions.
- OXIDATION BOOSTER Catalytic Surface is the strongest oxidizing booster that is the most efficient material in the world to remove Mn to undetectable levels. The characteristics of DMI 65 filter media are such that the DMI 65 is easy to use and provides flexibility when upgrading old water treatment systems.
- ADVANTAGES OF DMI-65
- Eliminates Potassium Permanganate. Operates with continuous injection of sodium hypochlorite at low residual levels (0.1 to 0.3 ppm).
- Wide pH range. Stable and satisfactory performance at pH 5.8 to 8.6.
- High Flow Rates. DMI-65 can operate at linear filtration velocities up to twice that of conventional media with a Higher Operating Temperatures. The maximum operating temperature of 113° F (45° C).
- Long Life. DMI-65 is not consumed in the process
- providing considerable advantages over other processes or media.
- Regeneration Not Required. After initial activation
- only sodium hypochlorite feed is required.
- System Compatibility. Physical properties are similar to that of competitive media
- allowing conversion to DMI-65 without major hardware modifications.
- Arsenic Removal. DMI-65 has been shown to be effective in the removal of arsenic associated with iron-containing influent. If necessary
- ferric chloride can be introduced to treat waters with low influent iron levels or to enhance removal when treating waters with high levels of arsenic.
- DMI-65 is made with Infusion Technology and not just a surface coating technology. unlike other catalytic water filtration media, giving DMI-65 the advantage of a long life span between 5 to 10 years and powerful performance.
- Quantum Filtration Medium Pty Ltd manufactures DMI-65 in Western Australia.
- DMI-65 has been tested and certified by the Water Quality Association in accordance with NSF/ANSI 61 and for use in England and Wales under Regulation 31(4)(a) of the water supply (Water Quality) regulations 2010 Sl No.994 (W.99).
- The purpose of this paper is to provide users of DMI-65 catalytic water filtration media with qualitative information about how the material works, its capabilities, and limitations and enable them to apply the material to water treatment processes in the appropriate manner and with confidence. The paper avoids the detailed complexity of solid surface electrochemical layers and colloidal science, quantitative physical and chemical processes and reactions. For readers having already significant knowledge in this area, the paper brings more understanding of what DMI-65 is and its intended use. Newcomers to this area are provided with the bases, and perhaps motivation, for directing they are more in-depth studies as they might wish.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.